The Ministry of Justice informs about the operation of religious organisations as of 12 May 12.05.2020
In accordance with the decision of 7 May 2020 of the Cabinet of Ministers, the Ministry of Justice, upon amending the order No. 103 of the Cabinet of Ministers of 12 March 2020 “Regarding declaration of the emergency situation”, the Ministry of Justice informs about the operation of religious organisations as of 12 May 2020.
Gathering indoors and outdoors in organized events is permitted as of 12 May - also when performing religious activities by gathering, the following requirements should be complied with:
1. Not more than 25 persons may participate in the event by following the physical distancing and epidemiologic safety measures;
2. Duration of the event shall not exceed three hours indoors;
3. The above-mentioned restriction of the number of people shall not be applied for events, where visitors participate while staying in a passenger's car;
4. Organizer of the event ensures compliance with restrictions and availability of disinfectants to participants;
The Ministry of Justice indicates that a divine service held by the spiritual or servicing staff, without inviting the church to that, shall not be considered as an organised event. Therefore, the number of persons, which ensures the compliance with the distance of two meters between each other and other physical distancing and epidemiological safety measures, may stay at the same time at the places of performance of religious activities.
Ceremonies of marriage, christening and funeral are considered as an organized event for the purpose of the above-mentioned order, therefore, the number of participants (including the spiritual and servicing staff) shall not exceed 25 persons, regardless of the fact whether the event is organized indoors or outdoors. Besides, the duration of the indoor event shall not exceed three hours. With regards to the events held outdoor, the maximum period of duration shall not be limited. In addition to the above-mentioned, the organizer of the event shall have an obligation to ensure compliance with restrictions and availability of disinfectants to participants.
This is to remind that in case of failure to obey the distance of two meters, at the same time it shall be permitted to gather in public indoor premises and public outdoor premises:
- Not more than two persons;
- Persons, living in the same household;
- A parent and his/her minor children, if they do not live in the same household;
- Persons, performing work or official duties.